Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Struggling On

Isn't it funny how so many people can be going through the same thing, only different? I know, sounds like an oxymoron, kind of, but it's true. Raising teenagers, building strong marriages, figuring out what the next step is, getting the garden in.....sigh, ugh, gag, and really?

I accomplished this miraculous goal of re-doing the entryway, getting pictures up....but the vaulted ceiling still needs to be painted. I'm living w/ new color options in my kitchen......but right now it looks like a coloring book until I figure out what I want. My bunnies are all healthy.....but no new babies and a PILE of chores weekly....and no time for shows. Beautiful weather that begs me to join it just outside......but a day of work inside because it's still to muddy to work in the yard and too early to prune anything back...just in case.....and I have to go to work. Growing in my faith.....but finding it a struggle some days to hang onto what I've already learned. Being ambitious.....but having to rein it in so I can actually accomplish something.

Here comes the sigh again. I had my year mapped out, goals, plans, lack of drama.....slam....my year is a mess, my plans have to be re-planned and melodrama has invaded my home. I HATE MELODRAMA when it's not my own. ;)

And so we keep moving on, struggling to stay afloat in the midst of cloudy days, thanking God for sunshine, warmth, great friends, jobs, a home, enough to meet our needs and some of our wants, and feeling blessed for minor accomplishments throughout the day. :)

At least I know we're all going through the same thing......only different.

1 comment:

  1. Same only different....I know that you're bein' all serious, but instantly that Miranda Lambert song popped into my head...We're just like you, Only Prettier ;) There's your sunshine shelly-ism for the day!

    ReplyDelete

Grief

Such a fun title right? Just invites one to read more. I read something today that really stuck with me though. It was about the pandemi...