Thursday, May 31, 2012

Boring.....

My life is never boring! In fact, this weekend I have 2 new business venture launches, my daughter is launching her jewelry business, and an open house for my third business, just finished painting my kitchen cabinets, (so they are all one color, instead of splotchy sample colors), got half the garden in, and have flowers in pots on the front porch so it's all beautiful!

Something I've learned though, and am really still learning, S-L-O-W-L-Y, is how to take time for myself, my family, my faith, my self. Down-time is something men do really well, and women don't even know exists!

I'm learning though. That little bit of me time in the studio creating, sitting in a bubble bath, reading a great book, having my morning coffee in the early morning sunrise, while listening to the birds sing....these are super worthwhile, super important, and super fun!

Balance is something that I'm just now getting the hang of. Maybe it makes us weird, but my family takes seriously the 'day of rest' principle. We take family dinner time seriously. No cell phones allowed. We all work together, doing laundry, taking out the trash, working in the yard. Then we all have time for those boring things like bike rides, bubble baths, the pool, etc....

I'm still driven to be successful at whatever I do, but instead of allowing success to drive me, I'm letting God drive and just doing the best I can with what I have.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Grief

Such a fun title right? Just invites one to read more. I read something today that really stuck with me though. It was about the pandemi...