Monday, October 22, 2018

Changes & Challenges

October is here! Pumpkins are decorating the porch which is all the farther I got this year. My foot has finally healed up enough that I can get busy doing all the things I couldn't for 8 weeks!

As this year has progressed, I've faced a number of changes and challenges in my world. One of my very dearest friends went through an extremely challenging season in her life.  One of my other friends experienced a life "overhaul" if you will, including moving.

It was a weird growing season in the Midwest. Spring forgot to come, rain came in sheets, and we currently have snow, flooding, and a lack of forward progress on harvesting.

My broken foot created havoc here at home....stairs abound in my world. I, being myself, pushed harder initially than I should have, which slowed the last few weeks down a bit.

On a personal level, growth came in bands of struggle, running, healing, and confusion. You know that place where you know what you know, but don't really like what you know? So you just sit in defiance to moving in truth because what you know is uncomfortable.

In the midst of all this 'stuff' I have learned a few things that I realize create a new challenge to how I do life.

Everything from our website, to this blog, to social media, to my focus must radically shift. Time away from each of my favorite things, has helped me to reconnect with who I am, what I want my life to be, and what I've been called to do.

Our website has been taken down, so I can rediscover more of a guest room feel, versus just commerce. Our home is once again being purged of the unnecessary. Coffee with friends is once again a primary focus. Church is smaller and more meaningful. Striving must take a back seat to living.

If this all sounds rather cryptic, stay tuned. As the weeks unfold, less cryptic and more practical will be coming!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Grief

Such a fun title right? Just invites one to read more. I read something today that really stuck with me though. It was about the pandemi...